Director of Engineering
To support our ambitious expansion plans, we are looking for a Director/Senior Head of Engineering. You will be reporting directly to the CTO and running a global technology team with cross-functional Agile squads that have ownership over global products. Part of your role will be to hire and mentor a team of Heads of Engineering as well as influence at Executive level on broad engineering initiatives. This role is based in London but may require occasional travel to partner sites and international offices.
"People around the world will turn to ClearScore when they think about financial decisions. We make personal finance clearer, calmer and easier to understand. We help people take decisions that create greater financial well-being."
This is the ClearScore mission, and what you will see when you come into our office.
ClearScore is one of the fastest growing FinTechs in Europe. We've changed the credit scoring and credit report market in the UK forever and our mission is to transform how people manage their personal finances around the world. From building financial literacy chatbots, to creating industry leading relationships and integrations with financial institutions, our technology and our developers enable the creation of the next generation of consumer-facing financial technology.
We are proud to say that our Engineering Team at ClearScore is world class and at the heart of making this mission a reality for our 8 million customers. For more information on our Tech Stack check out our Tech Radar 2019 and how we work is summarised in our Engineering Principles.
- Leadership skill to hire and run a technology department of 100 growing to 200 over the next few years in multiple countries
- Hire and manage Heads of Engineering who are each capable of managing cross-functional technology teams of 20-50 in size
- Work closely with the CTO to implement a technology programme that keeps the ClearScore at the cutting edge
- Experience of best practice engineering methods and the ability to offer expert technical guidance for engineering initiatives
- An understanding of Agile Delivery and the ability to ensure that our delivery model is run effectively to ensure that requirements are delivered at high quality on a timely basis
- Operational knowledge to ensure that platforms are properly monitored and running smoothly in a “you build it, you run it” environment
- An appreciation of security requirements with exposure to CyberEssentials or ISO27001
- Holidays – 25 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday
- Pension – ClearScore matches up to 4%
- Market-beating medical insurance - with the option to add friends and family
- Dental cover with Denplan, the LARGEST dental provider in the UK – with the option to add family members
- All permanent staff are automatically included in our ClearScore Group Life Assurance Scheme – life insurance cover will be an amount that is equal to 4x your basic salary
- Perkbox – a choice of different benefits
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home
- Flexible, generous and personalised maternity and paternity plans
- Monthly funded GP office visits
- Free breakfast and fruit...and a beer fridge
- Company personal trainer, boxing and yoga classes
- Company clubs for football, climbing, cinema, board games... if there's not one for your passion, start one!
We are always looking for talented individuals to join ClearScore. We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people.