If you are a strong Platform Engineer who wants to join a modern, mature DevOps technology team growing into a leading edge NoOps organisation, then we would love to talk to you. We are expanding fast and globally, and are scaling our systems to keep ahead of that growth. As a Platform Engineer in our small and dynamic SRE team you will build and maintain the platform that all ClearScore services run on, shape it to support our ‘You build it you run it’ engineering culture. You will be the ambassador of best practices in operations to the whole ClearScore team and enable the business to deliver scalable software at pace.
"People around the world will turn to ClearScore when they think about financial decisions. We make personal finance clearer, calmer and easier to understand. We help people take decisions that create greater financial well-being." This is the ClearScore mission, and what you will see when you come into our office.
ClearScore is one of the fastest growing FinTechs in Europe. We've changed the credit scoring and credit report market in the UK forever and our mission is to transform how people manage their personal finances around the world. From building financial literacy chatbots, to creating industry leading relationships and integrations with financial institutions, our technology and our developers enable the creation of the next generation of consumer-facing financial technology.
We are proud to say that our Engineers at ClearScore are world class and at the heart of making this mission a reality for our 8 million customers.
• A solid background in Linux system engineering and site reliability engineering, or a background in software engineering – as long as you’re a serious technologist with a deep understanding of how computers work
• Strong experience of scripting and automation, ideally using Go or Python
• A very good practical understanding of development and deployment pipelines
• Experience delivering global web applications, knowledge of DNS architectures and understanding of CDN and edge services
• Working knowledge of AWS Compute, Storage, Database and Networking services
• Experience working as an engineer in an agile team, ideally in a ‘You build it you run it’ environment
• Experience building distributed platforms in the cloud. Knowledge of orchestration tools (Kubernetes preferred) and a firm grasp of modern architectural approaches such as microservices and EDA
• Good experience deploying and managing databases, both SQL (preferably Postgres), non-SQL backing services (e.g. Elastic Search) and messaging systems
• Experience instrumenting applications (Instana, Grafana, Prometheus) and building resilient monitoring solutions to support business-critical systems
• Willingness to participate in a compensated on-call rota.
- Holidays – 25 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday
- Pension – ClearScore matches up to 4%
- Market-beating medical insurance - with the option to add friends and family
- Perk box – a choice of different benefits
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home
- Flexible, generous and personalised maternity and paternity plans
- Monthly funded GP office visits
- Free breakfast and fruit...and a beer fridge
- Company personal trainer, boxing and yoga classes
- Company clubs for football, climbing, cinema, board games... if there's not one for your passion, start one!
- Monthly team events and office days out that we get to choose, and company events at the end of each race and retro
We are always looking for talented individuals to join Clearscore. We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people.
Please see our People Policy Notice at https://www.clearscore.com/people-notice