Here at ClearScore we want to help everyone manage their finances better. We launched in July 2015 and now we have over 5 million users, disrupting the Credit Scoring market in the UK forever.
We have plans in 2017 to evolve our product and go much further than just Credit Scoring. This year we want to change how people learn about money, put our users in control when selecting their financial products and take ClearScore out to two more countries.
We are growing fast and are scaling to keep ahead of that growth. You will have responsibility as a member of the team taking our platform to the next level, keeping robustness, performance and security in focus. We have recently migrated from IBM Softlayer to AWS which you can read about – here.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will deliver platform and site reliability enhancements from within one of our cross-functional delivery factions. In addition to engineering our platform and our CI pipelines, your sprint work will include working with the whole team to deliver our APIs, client apps and content into production and scaling the platform as we grow.
What we would love you to have…
- A solid background in Linux system administration and site reliability engineering. It would be beneficial if you have supported Java applications and Tomcat and micro-services using JVM-based languages.
- Strong experience of scripting and automation and hands on experience with at least one configuration management system (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
- A very good practical understanding of development and deployment pipelines and the use of CI tools. Experience of working as an engineer within an agile delivery team. Experience of TDD and writing unit tests for infrastructure as code.
- Experience building distributed platforms in the cloud. Knowledge of orchestration tools and a firm grasp of modern architectural approaches such as micro services and EDA. Experience with cloud platforms is essential, with AWS preferred. You will be working with a Docker-based, orchestrated platform and experience with schedulers such as Mesos, Kubernetes and Nomad will be helpful. We aim to deploy immutable infrastructure and we use Terraform to do this.
- Good experience deploying and managing databases, both SQL (preferably Postgres) non-SQL backing services (e.g. Elastic Search), messaging systems and event buses.
- Experience using monitoring and APM solutions (e.g. AppDynamics, NewRelic) to support business-critical applications. Willingness to participate in a compensated on-call rota.
We’re a sociable bunch, and we enjoy each other’s company. So it’s important that you’re a great fit for our company culture. These are some of the things we look for:
- Friendly people who like to join in
- Data driven but able to make judgment calls when necessary
- Pride in the work you do and everything you get involved with
- Independent thinking, and not being afraid to suggest new ideas
- Obsession with your craft, down to the smallest detail
- Holidays – 25 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday
- Pension – ClearScore matches up to 3%
- Top of the range medical coverage…literally amazing
- Perk box – a choice of different benefits
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home
- Free breakfast and fruit……and a beer fridge
- ClearScore clubs are funded by the company: Yoga, Boxing, Football, Cinema and Board Games
- End of race company parties and days out.
- Great offices in Vauxhall, with a garden and roof terrace.