Backend Developer: Scala + Java 8
"People around the world will turn to ClearScore when they think about financial decisions. We make personal finance clearer, calmer and easier to understand. We help people take decisions that create greater financial well-being."
This is the ClearScore mission, and this is the first thing everyone sees when they come into our office.
Backend Developers at ClearScore are at the heart of making this mission a reality for our 8 million customers around the world.
ClearScore is one of the fastest growing FinTechs in Europe. In under three years we've changed the credit scoring and credit report market in the UK forever and our mission is to transform how people manage their personal finances around the world.
From building financial literacy chatbots, to creating industry leading relationships and integrations with financial institutions, our technology and our developers enable the creation of the next generation of consumer-facing financial technology.
As a backend developer working at ClearScore, you’ll be responsible for designing, building and running the software and systems core to our global micro-services based tech stack. We expect you to develop flexible tooling and services which allows ClearScore to rapidly scale globally whilst delivering a seamless experience to our customers.
All of our teams at ClearScore are cross-functional, and touch core parts of our business. You will be working closely with developers of other disciplines, QA, Data Analysts and Product with a tremendous amount of responsibility to influence the direction of critical ClearScore services for years to come.
We deliberately have a flat and collaborative culture. It suits people that will speak their mind, who are able to take feedback as an opportunity to improve rather than as criticism and would enjoy working in a fast scaling environment where expectations are high.
We build a lot of our services in Scala, but don’t worry if you do not have production experience working in Scala. Learning is a key part of our culture, and we will help you get up to speed quickly.
- Production experience of Scala or Java
- Experience in designing and critiquing distributed systems
- Experience building web services and APIs
- Passionate about troubleshooting, debugging, and automation
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
Nice to haves
- An interest or experience in functional programming (eg Haskell, F#, Cats, Scalaz)
- Experience working on cloud or serverless platforms
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment concepts
We enjoy perks like free breakfasts, monthly office days out and a loads of sporting activities.
- Pension – ClearScore matches up to 4%
- Medical Insurance
- Perk box – a choice of different benefits
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home
- Free breakfast and fruit……and a beer fridge
- Company personal trainer and boxing classes, plus we play football every week
- Monthly company events and office days out that we get to pick.
- Holidays – 25 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday
Please see our People Policy Notice at https://www.clearscore.com/people-notice