Chief Data Engineer
Here at ClearScore we want to help everyone manage their finances better. We launched in July 2015 and now we have over 4.5million users, disrupting the Credit Scoring market in the UK forever.
We have plans in 2017 to evolve our product and go much further than just Credit Scoring. We are also taking ClearScore out to two more countries in the next 6 months. Critical to that growth, is our analytics and data team.
We are looking to bring in a strategic leader, who will either sit at C-Level or the next level down and lead this function and shape our approach as an organisation.
Analytics at ClearScore is different to other companies. Our data set on our users is deep and complex, and we are looking for a leader comfortable leading on both the technical and commercial side of an analytics function. Can you set out the data architecture of our business? Would working with the CEO on challenges and new ventures excite you? Are you a strong team manager that can harness the capability of this high calibre team?
As we are a start-up, we want you to think like a leader but also get excited about getting your hands dirty with the data.
What we would love you to have...
- Organisational wide leadership of a data/analytics function.
- Strong data architecture experience, capable of shaping our organisations approach to this as we scale.
- Potentially educated to PhD level, or other experience that will showcase an advanced Mathematical or Statistical capability.
- A track record of bringing innovative practices into your teams to retain a bleeding edge mentality.
- Some experience in Credit Risk or an eCommerce business would be a strong preference.
- Still excited about getting your hands dirty and retaining a cutting edge technical capability.
- Our approach across the company is to embrace innovation, so ideally come with a view how we can incorporate that into the team.
- Comfortable leading heavy technical aspects of the team and more commercial/business focused analytics.
- An interest in leading a growing team and buying into our culture around developing staff internally.
Our offices are in Vauxhall, a short walk from the station. The offices are brand new and dog friendly. We enjoy perks like free breakfasts, monthly office days out and a loads of sporting activities. Check out our GlassDoor page to see what people think of it here!
We’re a sociable bunch, and we enjoy each other’s company. So it’s important that you’re a great fit for our company culture. These are some of the things we look for:
- Friendly people who like to join in
- Pride in the work you do and everything you get involved with
- Independent thinking, and not being afraid to suggest new ideas
- Obsession with your craft, down to the smallest detail
- Data driven but able to make judgment calls when necessary
- Holidays – 25 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday
- Pension – ClearScore matches up to 3%
- Medical Insurance
- Perk box – a choice of different benefits
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home
- Free breakfast and fruit……and a beer fridge
- Our ClearScore clubs, funded yoga, boxing, cinema and football sessions
- Monthly company events and office days out that we get to pick.
- Great offices in Vauxhall