Java Developer -Microservices / Java8 / APIs
We're looking for a Java Developer to join our small, close knit Agile team working on creating a set of RESTful APIs on an open source (Java/PostgreSQL) stack.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning technology team in one of the leading FinTech startups in the UK. We're a disruptive, rapid-growing business with almost 3 million users and we’ve got big ambitions for the next 12 months, which include taking our product overseas.
What you'll do:
- Have real responsibility working in a high performance, entrepreneurial environment that values the craft of building cutting edge and beautiful web and mobile products
- Understand how to migrate from a monolithic server architecture to a service-oriented architecture, with the benefits and pitfalls that occur
We’re a sociable bunch, and we enjoy each other’s company. So it’s important that you’re a great fit for our company culture. These are some of the things we look for:
- Friendly people who like to join in
- Data driven but able to make judgment calls when necessary
- Pride in the work you do and everything you get involved with
- Independent thinking, and not being afraid to suggest new ideas
- Obsession with your craft, down to the smallest detail
- Development of RESTful web services using Java 8 or Scala
- Spring and Hibernate
- Database technologies (MySQL/PostgreSQL, Couchbase or MongoDB)
- Strong understanding of asynchronous methodologies
- Agile development experience (Scrum, Kanban or XP)
- Experience building, deploying, and supporting highly scalable web services and web applications
- Demonstrable REST based/stateless API design expertise
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Experience of continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Hudson or Thoughtworks Go)
Our offices are in up and coming Lambeth, a short walk from both Waterloo or Vauxhall stations and right on the river. Due to our growth, we are relocting offices at the end of January to Vauxhall and our new offices has a roof terrace and garden ready for the summer BBQs!
We enjoy perks like free breakfasts, monthly office days out and a loads of sporting activities.
- Pension – ClearScore matches up to 3%
- Medical Insurance
- Perk box – a choice of different benefits
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home
- Free breakfast and fruit……and a beer fridge
- Company personal trainer and boxing classes, plus we play football every week
- Monthly company events and office days out that we get to pick.
- Holidays – 25 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday