Senior Backend Developer - Sydney
People around the world will turn to ClearScore when they think about financial decisions. We make personal finance clearer, calmer and easier to understand. We help people take decisions that create greater financial well-being." This is the ClearScore mission, and what you will see when you come into our office.
ClearScore is one of the fastest growing FinTechs in Europe. We've changed the credit scoring and credit report market in the UK forever and our mission is to transform how people manage their personal finances around the world.
We’re a disruptive, rapid-growing business. When we launched n 2015, we quickly built momentum, receiving numerous accolades including Innovator of the Year at the Growing Business Awards, Venture Backed Start Up of the Year at the Start Up Awards and Future Fifty recognition. We now plan to expand our 8 million-strong UK userbase over the next two years, as well as expand keep expansing internationally, having launched already in South Africa and India.
The ClearScore International team is in charge of helping us achieve our mission and bring our product to countries all across the world. After successfully launching in India and South Africa, our ambition is to go even further - bringing ClearScore to even more markets globally.
You’ll be part of an incredible team helping us solve problems such as globalising our platform, localising the product for each market, integrating with local partners and building a product that has reach at a global scale
As a backend developer working at ClearScore, you'll be responsible for designing, building and running the software and systems core to our global micro-services based tech stack. We expect you to develop flexible tooling and services which allows ClearScore to rapidly scale globally whilst delivering a seamless experience to our customers. All of our teams at ClearScore are cross-functional, and touch core parts of our business. You will be working closely with developers of other disciplines, QA, Data Analysts and Product with a tremendous amount of responsibility to influence the direction of critical ClearScore services for years to come.
What we are looking for:
- Production experience of Scala or Java
- Experience in designing and critiquing distributed systems
- Experience building web services and APIs built on Akka HTTP and using Swagger 2
- Passionate about troubleshooting, debugging, and automation
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Good knowledge of AWS and ideally Kubernetes
- Holidays – 25 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday
- 9.5% Super annuation
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home
- Flexible, generous and personalised maternity and paternity plans
- Monthly team events and office days out that we get to choose, and company events at the end of each race and retro
We are always looking for talented individuals to join Clearscore. We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people.