“People around the world will turn to ClearScore when they think about financial decisions. We make personal finance clearer, calmer and easier to understand. We help people take decisions that create greater financial well-being." This is the ClearScore mission, and what you will see when you come into our office.
ClearScore is one of the fastest growing FinTechs in Europe. We've changed the credit scoring and credit report market in the UK forever and our mission is to transform how people manage their personal finances around the world.
We’re a disruptive, rapid-growing business. When we launched in 2015, we quickly built momentum, receiving numerous accolades including Innovator of the Year at the Growing Business Awards, Venture Backed Start Up of the Year at the Start Up Awards and Future Fifty recognition. We now have an 8 million-strong UK userbase that we will continue to grow, as well as continuing to expand internationally, having already launched in South Africa and India.
We are looking for a qualified Management Accountant who is excited about the challenge of working in a fast moving and high growth environment. This person will work closely with our CFO & Financial Controller, taking responsibility for both the monthly preparation of management accounts for the group as well as management information that will facilitate day-to-day decision making. This role will be critical as ClearScore develops and scales its finance function over the coming years.
Your responsibilities will include
- Production of high quality financial and management information. You will be involved in all financial reporting and producing MI that the business needs to monitor and analyse ongoing performance against company objectives. This will provide context and insight to decision makers throughout the business up to Board level.
- Hands on financial management. You’ll need to be hands on with finance and prepared to roll your sleeves up, processing invoices and looking after the pennies. You’ll see getting hands on work done as a real contribution to the business and a great opportunity to get exposure to every area of the business.
- Maintaining strong financial controls. Both appropriate for the business now and evolving with the business as it continues to scale.
- Planning and analysis. Support the CFO and Financial Controller in determining financial budgets and strategic plans.
- An impressive educational and business background, demonstrating a high level of numeracy and a track record of sustained high achievement.
- Professional accountancy qualification (CIMA or ACCA)
- Prior operational experience as management accountant either in, or working with, growth businesses is essential.
- A personality that appreciates our data led approach.
- A self-starter with an attitude of doing and leading by example.
- Genuine excitement about the unknown and a changing landscape
- An eagerness to embrace the variety of challenges presented every day in a growth company.
- A willingness to take on a broad and evolving role that at times will require you to roll your sleeves up and do what it takes to get the job done.
- A desire to integrate with and protect our culture, which is self-confident, bold and social.
- Holidays – 25 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday
- Pension – ClearScore matches up to 6%
- Market-beating medical insurance - with the option to add friends and family
- Perk box – a choice of different benefits
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home
- Flexible, generous and personalised maternity and paternity plans
- Monthly funded GP office visits
- Free breakfast and fruit...and a beer fridge
- Company personal trainer, boxing and yoga classes
- Company clubs for football, climbing, cinema, board games... if there's not one for your passion, start one!
- Regular team events and quarterly company events