Lead Java and Scala Developer
We’re taking on the establishment in the FinTech space and beating them. Our product was launched in 2015 and so far we have over 4 million and half users and have won numerous awards for innovation. It’s a great start, but there’s lots more to get involved with….
We are looking for an experienced Team Lead who can take ownership for web services. Be able to build alongside the CTO, lead a cross-functional Agile team working on an open source (Java/PostgreSQL) stack. Real responsibility working in a high performance, entrepreneurial environment that values the craft of building cutting edge and beautiful web and mobile products.
Our offices are in Vauxhall and are brand new and dog friendly. We enjoy perks like free breakfasts, monthly office days out and a loads of sporting activities.
- Have experience leading a high performing Java/Scala development team.
- Experience taking a monolithic architecture structure to micro services to suit our changing business needs.
- Have experience of integrating services with financial services organisations
- Set the vision for the team and take a lead of Scrums/Sprints.
- Experience working with RESTful web services.
- Plan and maintain our database structures.
- Educated to Masters level
We’re a sociable bunch, and we enjoy each other’s company. So it’s important that you’re a great fit for our company culture. These are some of the things we look for:
- Friendly people who like to join in (and have great Slack banter)
- Pride in the work you do and everything you get involved with
- Independent thinking, and not being afraid to suggest new ideas
- Obsession with your craft, down to the smallest detail
- Data driven but able to make judgment calls when necessary
- Driven by delivery, delivering on time and to a high standard
- Holidays – 25 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday
- Pension – ClearScore matches up to 3%
- Medical Insurance – being implemented this month
- Perk box – a choice of different benefits
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home
- Free breakfast and fruit……and a beer fridge
- Company personal trainer and boxing classes, plus we play football every week
- Monthly company events and office days out that we get to pick.
Closing Date 17th April 2017
Expected Salary Range 65-75,000 per annum