Senior Data Scientist
The UK’s largest free credit score and financial well-being business is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to report into the Chief Data Officer.
This is an amazing opportunity to engage with a rich and data set on ten million users in three markets. We have captured every interaction the users have had with our high touch website and native apps, their full monthly credit files since the have joined and growing access to insurance, bank account and mobile data as well.
Ordinarily this a data set this vast would be buried in legacy stems, however ClearScore is only four years old and operates a strict “zero legacy” approach that means the data is held in autoscaling AWS redshift environment.ClearScore is at the start of it’s journey to turn this immense data asset into something that will genuinely benefit our users and improve the financial marketResponsibilities:
The role is designed as both a “hands on” role building models and conducting analyses as well as a leadership role.
- Building analytical tools:
- Propensity models predicting user value, churn, credit risk and usage
- Segmentation of users and non-users for commercial, product development and other purposes
- S/he will work with the senior management and key stake holders in identifying and prioritizing actionable, impactful insights across a variety of core business fronts, driving informed decision-making across the business
- Ensuring that the most appropriate tools and techniques are used. Maintaining a roadmap of different tools and libraries.
- The Senior Data Scientist acts as a bridge between the marketing, product and analysis teams that are the consumers of Data Science, the Data Engineering teams who manage the Big Data environment and the other Data Scientists. S/will be required to “talk the language” of these different teams in order to come up with workable solutions.
- Coaching and development of other data scientists
- If appropriate management of junior data scientists
- Owning the roadmap:
- Develop creative new opportunities for leveraging our enormous data assets
- Work with Data Engineering to define and automate data set creation
- Ensure that the team is using the correct set of tools, processes, libraries etc for the task at hand. Co-ordinate an R&D effort
- Graduated in quantitative Bachelors, or ideally, a higher degree.
- At least fours years of experience as a Data Scientist.
- Proven ability to understand business problems, setting up data science projects and building appropriate data sets.
- Ability to translate business requirements into Data Science solutions.
- Ability to coach and develop junior Data Scientists.
- You are intellectually curious and excited by working with large data sets.
- Familiarity with our toolkit: AWS environment using SageMaker. Most of the team uses Python, with a few using R.
- Holidays – 25 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday
- Pension – ClearScore matches up to 6%
- Market-beating medical insurance - with the option to add friends and family
- Dental cover with Denplan, the LARGEST dental provider in the UK – with the option to add family members
- All permanent staff are automatically included in our ClearScore Group Life Assurance Scheme – life insurance cover will be an amount that is equal to 4x your basic salary
- Perkbox – a choice of different benefits
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home
- Flexible, generous and personalised maternity and paternity plans
- Monthly funded GP office visits
- Free breakfast and fruit...and a beer fridge
- Company personal trainer, boxing and yoga classes
- Company clubs for football, climbing, cinema, board games... if there's not one for your passion, start one!