As a backend developer working at ClearScore, you’ll be responsible for designing, building and running the software and systems core to our global micro-services based tech stack. We expect you to develop flexible tooling and services which allows ClearScore to rapidly scale globally whilst delivering a seamless experience to our customers. All of our teams at ClearScore are cross-functional, and touch core parts of our business. You will be working closely with developers of other disciplines, QA, Data Analysts and Product with a tremendous amount of responsibility to influence the direction of critical ClearScore services for years to come.
"People around the world will turn to ClearScore when they think about financial decisions. We make personal finance clearer, calmer and easier to understand. We help people take decisions that create greater financial well-being." This is the ClearScore mission, and what you will see when you come into our office.
ClearScore is one of the fastest growing FinTechs in Europe. We've changed the credit scoring and credit report market in the UK forever and our mission is to transform how people manage their personal finances around the world. From building financial literacy chatbots, to creating industry leading relationships and integrations with financial institutions, our technology and our developers enable the creation of the next generation of consumer-facing financial technology.
We are proud to say that our Engineers at ClearScore are world class and at the heart of making this mission a reality for our 8 million customers.
For more information on our Tech Stack check out our Tech Radar 2019 and how we work is summarised in our Engineering Principles.
- Production experience of Scala or Java
- Experience in designing and critiquing distributed systems
- Experience building web services and APIs built on Akka HTTP and using Swagger 2
- Passionate about troubleshooting, debugging, and automation
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Good knowledge of AWS and ideally Kubernetes
- Holidays – 25 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday
- Pension – ClearScore matches up to 4%
- Market-beating medical insurance - with the option to add friends and family
- Perk box – a choice of different benefits
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home
- Flexible, generous and personalised maternity and paternity plans
- Monthly funded GP office visits
- Free breakfast and fruit...and a beer fridge
- Company personal trainer, boxing and yoga classes
- Company clubs for football, climbing, cinema, board games... if there's not one for your passion, start one!
- Monthly team events and office days out that we get to choose, and company events at the end of each race and retro
We are always looking for talented individuals to join ClearScore. We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people.
Please see our People Policy Notice at https://www.clearscore.com/people-notice