Senior Data Engineer
People around the world will turn to ClearScore when they think about financial decisions. We make personal finance clearer, calmer and easier to understand. We help people take decisions that create greater financial well-being." This is the ClearScore mission, and what you will see when you come into our office.
ClearScore is one of the fastest growing FinTechs in Europe. We've changed the credit scoring and credit report market in the UK forever and our mission is to transform how people manage their personal finances around the world. From building financial literacy chatbots, to creating industry leading relationships and integrations with financial institutions, our technology and our developers enable the creation of the next generation of consumer-facing financial technology.
We are proud to say that our Engineers at ClearScore are world class and at the heart of making this mission a reality for our 8 million customers.
For more information on our Tech Stack check out our Tech Radar 2019 and how we work is summarised in our Engineering Principles.
As a Data Engineer you will be working on a platform that will hold data on millions of ClearScore users across the world. This will involve designing and implementing massively high-volume and robust data pipelines that will feed user behavioural data back into production systems. You will engineer systems that will power ClearScore’s analytics which will handle thousands of events per second from users interacting with our product.
- Inside out knowledge of the Scala language and Apache Spark.
- Proven delivery on the construction of Big Data pipelines.
- Know TDD as a practice and you know how to put it into practice.
- Proven project experience working on building a Data Lake and understand the value it brings to the business.
- Responsible for what you put out into production. There are no walls to throw your code over and you understand how to test your work end to end.
- Willingness or experience managing engineers would be hugely appreciated.
- Holidays – 25 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday
- Pension – ClearScore matches up to 4%
- Market-beating medical insurance - with the option to add friends and family
- Perkbox – a choice of different benefits
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home
- Flexible, generous and personalised maternity and paternity plans
- Monthly funded GP office visits
- Free breakfast and fruit...and a beer fridge
- Company personal trainer, boxing and yoga classes
- Company clubs for football, climbing, cinema, board games... if there's not one for your passion, start one!
We are always looking for talented individuals to join ClearScore. We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people.