Here at ClearScore we want to help everyone manage their finances better. We launched in July 2015 and now we have over 7 million global users.
We like to try new things and at our core is a passion for our users’ experience. Because of that we have won multiple awards for innovation, the design of our product and our use of technology. It’s a great start, but we have bold ambitions and that’s why we want you to join us.
If you are a strong DevOps Engineer that wants to join a modern and close-knit DevOps environment, then we would love to talk to you. We are growing fast and globally, and are scaling our systems to keep ahead of that growth. You will have responsibility as a member of the team taking our platform to the next level, keeping robustness, performance and security in focus and building tools to facilitate a ‘You build it you run it’ engineering culture. As a DevOps Engineer you will deliver system and site reliability enhancements with or from within one of our cross-functional delivery factions. In addition to engineering our platform and streamlining our continuous delivery pipelines, your sprint work will include working with the whole team to deliver all aspects of our platform (back end, client apps, native apps and Big Data environments).
What we would love you to have…
- A solid background in engineering and/or software engineering – as long as you’re a serious technologist with a deep understanding of how computers and tech works
- Strong experience of scripting and automation, Bash and ideally one of Go or Python
- A very good practical understanding of development and deployment pipelines
- Good experience and knowledge around containerisation (Docker)
- Experience working as an engineer in an Agile team, ideally in a ‘You build it you run it’ environment
- Knowledge of orchestration tools (Kubernetes preferred) and a firm grasp of modern architectural approaches such as micro-services and EDA. Experience building distributed platforms in the cloud ideally
- Knowledge and experience deploying, supporting and managing databases, both SQL (preferably Postgres) non-SQL backing services (e.g. Elastic search) and messaging systems
- Knowledge of AWS products, particularly Lambda; Kinesis and Athena would be advantageous
- Experience/knowledge using Instana and/or Prometheus to support business-critical applications would be nice
- Willingness to participate in a compensated on-call rota
Our offices are in Vauxhall, a short walk from both Oval and Vauxhall stations, and we enjoy perks like free breakfasts, monthly office days out and a loads of sporting activities.
We’re a sociable bunch, and we enjoy each other’s company. So it’s important that you’re a great fit for our company culture. These are some of the things we look for:
- Friendly people who like to join in
- Data driven but able to make judgment calls when necessary
- Pride in the work you do and everything you get involved with
- Independent thinking, and not being afraid to suggest new ideas
- Obsession with your craft, down to the smallest detail
- Holidays – 25 paid holidays and a “duvet day” on your birthday
- Pension – ClearScore matches up to 4%
- Medical Insurance
- Perk box – a choice of different benefits
- Flexible work hours and the ability to work from home
- Free breakfast and fruit......and a beer fridge
- Company personal trainer and boxing classes, plus we play football every week
- Monthly company events and office days out that we get to pick.
- Great offices in Vauxhall with showers, space for bikes and a we are building courtyard with BBQ!
Please see our People Policy Notice at https://www.clearscore.com/people-notice